Monday, February 15, 2021

Time to celebrate


How many of us love to use watercolors in our crafting? I do and if you are like me you have tons of watercolors. I have all kinds, tubes, pan, pencils, and peerless, paper watercolors. 

 These are just a few of my watercolor sets. The set in the lower left is at least 50 years old, and is most beloved set of watercolors.

The new challenge at Inky Paws is to use watercolors. If you don't have any watercolors, remember many of your inks when swiped on an acrylic block can be picked up with a brush and water. Distress inks are perfect for this. But I think most of you are like me and have at least on set of watercolors.


My card today uses Newton's Nooks  "Newton's Birthday Balloons" and NN birthday balloon stencil. Using pixie spray to adhere the stencil to watercolor paper. I then sprayed water color onto the stencil and carefully lifted the stencil away and added watercolor to the puddles of water that were the balloons. A fun technique that is rather forgiving.


I hope you will did out your favorite watercolors and join us for our watercolor challenge at Inky Paws.  We will chose a RANDOM entry to win a $20.00 Newton's Nook store gift certificate. Our favorite entries from each challenge will be highlighted the following Monday, so all entries have a chance to be featured on the blog.
The deadline to enter today's challenge is  Friday, February 26, 2021 at MN CST. The winners will be announced on the following Monday at Inky Paws.


No comments: